PO Box 2489
Yakima, WA 98907
July 21 2016
Every two years we are asked to conduct a survey to see what the average wage in Washington State is for those working in the Optical industry. Please help us help you. Please click on the Link and take the survey
Notice of what to expect on your License Renewal
Notice of change in WAC 246-824-075 Continuing education requirements for dispensing options effective June 1, 2015
* the change will affect your first full three-year reporting cycle that begins on or after June 1, 2015
* The rule change doesn't increase the total number of hours required. You must still earn 30 hours
* The rule changes doesn't change the three year reporting cycle. You will still report every three years.
* The rule change does require that at least five hours of approved continuing education be earned in each year of the three -year reporting cycle.
* Fifteen of the total 30 hours must be related to contact lenses
“As shared from one of our members upon renewal”
Thank you members that have already renewed and shared the new expectation!