If you are looking for employment, have a position available or know of one, or have equipment to sell, please contact our office at: email@example.com Note: to post ads, we now require a contact name, phone number and business name. This is for our information only, and need not be posted in the ad unless you wish it. The ad itself should include a description of the position, a geographic location, and a contact number (phone, fax, or email). All ads will be pulled after 60 days and will have to be re-submitted. Please contact us if the position is filled. All ads will deal with Licensed Dispensing Opticians or registered apprentices only. We are an association of Washington State licensed opticians, not optometric assistants or un-licensed “opticians”. Job Posting Guidelines Thank you for reaching out to the Opticians Association of Washington to place an ad for you. All ads have to specify Licensed Dispensing Opticians or Registered Apprentices Opticians only. We are an association of Washington State licensed opticians, not optometric assistants or un-licensed “opticians!” I am more than happy to place your ad if you would like to add a Licensed Dispensing or Registered Apprentice qualification.
6/26/2020 We are looking for a part time licensed dispensing optician (LDO) or registered apprentice
We are looking for a part time licensed dispensing optician (LDO) or registered apprentice with potential to move up to full time in the very near future to help with optical sales and direct patient care. Below are some of the main optical needs we need fulfilled.
- Dispensing and selling glasses
- Be familiar to current optical trends and lens options
- Having positive patient and staff interactions
- Being “quick on your feet” is a huge plus
We are an established optometry clinic in the Renton/Kent area. Potential candidates must be exceptionally friendly, have a great personality, and be able to put the patient’s needs first.
If interested, please email us back with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
6/01/2020 Seeking LDO for Seattle optometric practice.
Seeking LDO for Seattle optometric practice.
· Start mid June, but flexible, to replace an employee moving and seeking 3-5 days of coverage
· Duties would include frame selection, helping with buying frame lines, processing orders, and assisting with scheduling patients and pre-testing if needed
Visions Northwest is a long-established optometric business with great patients. The optical has a nice line of mid to higher end frames.
· Office strives to have a professional but fun work environment
· No weekend or evening hours
· Offering competitive compensation with salary depending upon experience
To learn more please email email@example.com to Dr Bird or call 206-595-2288
5/29/2020 Licensed Optician or Registered Apprentice - Spokane, WA
Licensed Dispensing Optician or Registered Apprentice at Spokane Eye Clinic, Spokane, WA
Spokane Optical, part of Spokane Eye Clinic, is seeking a team member with optical experience.It has been our privilege and our pleasure to provide care and protection to our patients and our staff through this pandemic. You are our top priority!We are celebrating 65 successful years of excellent eye care and surgical eye procedures for our patients in our four Spokane locations and want to add to our team!We are looking for a person that is friendly, motivated, and able to float between our 3 Spokane locations throughout the week. This person must have strong sales and computer skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, busy environment. They also will need to cross-train in other ancillary office roles as needed (may include lab, reception, inventory management, etc.)
Duties include: assisting patients with eyewear selection and sales, verification and explanation of insurance benefits, order processing, assisting with inventory management, dispensing of completed product, assisting patients with adjustments and trouble-shooting dispensing issues. Other duties would include answering the phone, cleaning and organization of the office.
This is a full time position, M-F, 8-5. Competitive pay and benefits that include medical, dental, life, LTD, profit sharing, 401(k), sick time, vacation and holiday pay, and more. Spokane Eye Clinic is the largest eye care organization in Spokane. We have 29 physicians working in all subspecialties of eye care. Please apply at https://secure3.entertimeonline.com/ta/780.jobs?JobsSearch . Please feel free to contact Deb Bezemer, HR Recruiter at 509-623-9788 with any questions.
4/17/2020 Licensed Optician in Redmond, Washington
Licensed Optician – Redmond, Washington
Imatters is representing a fabulous client whom is working on new technology for eyewear. This is your opportunity to be part of the changing world of virtual reality.
Your input is valuable to furthering this global project, collapsing physical distance, and bleeding-edge software
as the licensed optician, you will be;
- Fitting proprietary frames and lenses
- Dispensing and recording the research
- Providing input and feedback on the users experience
This is a part time career 1-2 days per week initially and will be ramping into full time in the near future.
Ready to make your mark on the world? Come join us!
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 866-412-4115 x 700
imatters is the leading eye care staffing company in the US, we are a service provided by the client to ensure your best experience in interviewing, and that you love your job! it’s all free, and from fellow eye care professionals that want the best for you! see more about us at www.imatters.net
imatters | committed to staffing – committed to results.
3/12/2020 Licensed Dispensing Optician in Kirkland
A newly built urban vision oasis in downtown Kirkland is looking for an Licensed Dispensing Optician with a minimum of 3 years experience. We are looking for an LDO to step into both a lead optician and managerial role. We are a high-end, luxury private practice and are looking for that “dare to be great” person who is not afraid of adventurous eyewear not found in your “everyday” office. This position will require someone that is a self-motivator that will not mind doing what it takes to bring the clinic up to speed, as it will be a start-up.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Opticianry duties (selling, adjusting, obtaining custom lens measurements, verifying lab orders, etc.)
- Greet and welcome patients and guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- General front desk duties (answering incoming calls, authorizing vision & medical insurances, etc)
- Maintain office security by following HIPAA procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Light Pre-testing duties (visual acuity, auto refraction and visual field screeners, etc)
- Billing of insurances for optical sales, especially VSP. Skills
- Proven work experience as an Optician, Optometric Technician/Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proficiency in computers and learning new systems – Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to process data quickly and accurately are essential
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree
Hours are 10:00am – 7:00pm Monday through Thursday. We offer an excellent benefit package to include medical, SIMPLE IRA retirement account, and Paid Time Off after a probationary period.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour DOE
Qualified applicants, can contact us at:
I Care Optix of Kirkland Dr. Lewis Lim
3/3/2020 Confluence Health Regional Eye Center Optical Shop
Confluence Health Regional Eye Center Optical Shop
To Apply or for more information please go to:https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/confluencehealth/#/job/11198
Full Time 40 hrs./wk. Licensed Optician, working in a busy eyeglass dispensary. Interprets doctor prescriptions; Determines and measures for appropriate lens design and function. Adjusts and dispenses eyeglasses and products. Assists patients while providing prompt and courteous patient service.
1. Sales and fitting of eyeglasses. Dispensing of prescription eyewear including care and handling of glasses, frame adjustments, repairs, mounting and dismounting lenses.
2. Interprets prescriptions, understands and maintains knowledge of latest lens technology of spectacle lenses; assists patients with the appropriate lens and frame selection.
3. Consults with Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, Physicians and patients.
4. Ordering of patient prescriptions and restock inventory supplies and materials. Maintain displays and dispensary sale areas.
5. Maintain professional affiliations and development through continuing education and state licensing requirements.
6. Comply with organization annual training requirements.
7. Other duties as assigned. Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
§ Valid Washington State Dispensing Optician License or Licensed Apprentice Optician.
§ High School graduation or GED
§ Valid Washington State Driver’s License § Ability to maintain a professional level of output, accuracy, and high attention to detail.
§ Skill in basic retail sales, oral and written communication, and problem solving.
§ Ability to work independently and show initiative in proceeding with necessary tasks without direct supervision.
§ 1-year Licensed Dispensing Optician experience
§ Knowledge of retail optical shop industry including slit lamp, keratometer, lensometer, and other instruments used in both spectacles, contact lens design, fitting, evaluation and dispensing.
§ Ability to translate physician’s requests into specific glasses and contact lens information.
O = Occasional, represents 1 to 25% or up to 30 minutes in a 2 hour workday.
F = Frequent, represents 26 to 50% or up to 1 hour of an 2 hour workday.
C = Continuous, represents 51% to 100% or up to 2 hours of 2 hour workday.
§ Walking – F
§ Sitting/Standing – C
§ Reaching: Shoulder Height – O
§ Reaching: Above shoulder height- O
§ Reaching: Below shoulder height- O
§ Climbing- O § Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds or less- O
§ Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds to 50 pounds- O
§ Pulling/Pushing: Over 50 pounds- O
§ Lifting: 25 pounds or less- O
§ Lifting: 25 pounds to 50 pounds- O
§ Lifting: Over 50 pounds- O
§ Carrying: 25 pounds or less- O
§ Carrying: 25 pounds to 50 pounds- O
§ Carrying: Over 50 pounds- O
§ Crawling/Kneeling- O
§ Bending/Stooping/Crouching- F
§ Twisting/Turning- O
§ Repetitive Movement- F
Work is performed in a busy medical clinic environment. Interaction with patients is constant and in a close proximity.
Physical Exposures For This Position:
§ Unprotected Heights – No § Heat – No
§ Cold – No
§ Mechanical Hazards – No
§ Hazardous Substances – No
§ Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Potential – Yes
§ Lighting – No
§ Noise – No
§ Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation – No
§ Infectious Diseases – Yes
Who We Are: Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology–to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level. Our Mission: We are dedicated to improving our patients’ health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Our Vision: To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.
3/2/2020 Lead Optician/ Optical Manager
Position Available: Lead Optician/ Optical Manager
Starting Date: Available Immediately
Lead our team of dispensing opticians in a busy, private practice optometry office. Highland Vision Clinic has been offering elite customer service to our community for almost 30 years. Our clinic was recently rated as one of the top optical offices in the state of Washington by Seattle Consumer Reports, a published, independent review of statewide businesses.
We are looking for a motivated candidate who has a positive attitude, who is also dependable and detail-oriented, with a team-player mentality. Ability to multi-task and clearly communicate with our patients is paramount to our success. Requirements: LDO, ABO certification or years of experience in the field.
Contact: Dr. Clements at (425) 466-5439 or reply with resume to Indeed
Hours: 35-40 hours per week. Usually includes one evening per week until 7:15pm, weekends off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $28.00 /hour
1/28/2020 Sherman Optical in Edmonds, WA is in search of a talented member to join our optical team
Sherman Optical in Edmonds, WA is in search of a talented member to join our optical team. Our office is well known in the area for our customer service, product knowledge, repair work and in house lab.
Our ideal candidate should be an LDO or Apprentice Optician who is friendly, energetic and able to multi-task. Communication and reliability are a must. We are willing to train and apprentice the right candidate who is passionate about vision to help continue the legacy of our 80 year old family business.
Main duties include:
- Inspection of incoming orders
- Helping patients with frame and lens selection dependent on their needs/rx
- Frame repair work
- Edging lenses
- Insurance billing
Team member benefits include competitive hourly wage with quarterly bonuses, 401K with employer % match, health insurance coverage, paid vacation, paid holidays, LDO renewal fee covered, and one convention paid per year for continuing education purposes.
If you think you can add value and be part of a dynamic, professional, and knowledgeable team, please respond! We would love to talk with you.
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
1/24/2020 20/20 Family is looking for an LDO/Licensed Dispensing Optician
The 20/20 Family is looking for an LDO/Licensed Dispensing Optician to work in our Silverdale, Port Orchard, and Kingston offices! The ideal candidate would be friendly, have excellent customer service skills, detail oriented, and be sales driven. Someone who has a flexible schedule and is willing to travel to other offices on occasion for coverage is a necessity. We are looking for someone who is a team player and who is willing to jump in and help wherever necessary. At least one Saturday a month is required in either our Silverdale or Port Orchard offices.
*Responsibilities and Duties include:*
– Order processing and dispensing
– Doing adjustments and repairs
– Assisting patients with frame selects
– Understanding and explaining insurance benefits to patients
– Communicating with labs to ensure products are completed in a timely manner
– Teaching patients how to get contacts in and out of their eyes and instructing proper contact lens care
– Ordering contact lenses
– Meeting with frame reps
– Inventory control
– Answering phones
**Responsibilities are not limited to those listed above*
*Qualifications and Skills:*
– Excellent communication and organizations skills
– An acute attention to detail
– Optical experience
– Manual lensometer
*not required but preferred
– Familiar with computers and equipment a plus, but not a requirement
– Familiar with medical terminology is a plus, but not a requirement – Friendly personality
– Team player and works well with others
– Takes direction well
– Flexible schedule and able to work Mon – Sat
Silverdale/Port Orchard Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:00AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday (Silverdale): 8:00AM – 7:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM – 4:00PM *(*at least one Saturday a month is required)*
Kingston Office hours:
Tuesday – Thursday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
The ability to float to our nearby locations is preferred and may be required on occasion.
If you feel that you would be a positive addition to our practice, please submit a cover letter and resume for review to firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you do not meet the above qualifications, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
20/20 Eyecare Centers
Silverdale Eyecare Center
3647 NW Byron Suite 100
Silverdale, WA 98383
Fax (360) 692-6139
1/24/2020 Pacific EyeCare of Port Townsend LDO Needed
Full time Optician with a minimum of three years’ experience. A commitment to customer service and able to work in fast paced team environment.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
1/20/2020 Walla Walla LDO Needed
Full-time Optician needed immediately at fast-paced, growing Optometric office in Walla Walla. Optician experience required. Dispensing License preferred but candidate with ability to obtain license will be considered. Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team environment mandatory. Applications will be treated in confidence.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12/18/2019 Redmond Eye Clinic is looking for a Licensed Lead Optician
Are you looking for a more fulfilling position in a progressive and innovative environment? Our fast growing optometry clinic, led by a husband and wife team of doctors, is looking for a Licensed Lead Optician to help develop our vision of quality and outstanding service to our patients. Our ideal candidate is motivated and inspired to grow an independent, out-of-the-box style optical. They must be team-oriented, eager to learn, able to take direction, and excited to be a part of the patient care experience!
At Redmond Eye Clinic we care for the person behind the eyes. It is our mission to provide the highest quality of eye care possible in a friendly and caring atmosphere. We are an established eye care clinic under the ownership of a husband and wife team. We perform routine eye exams for glasses and contacts, pediatric exams, treatment for dry eye disease, specialty contact lens fitting, chronic eye disease management, advanced medical care including emergency care, and more!
Experience in the optical field or completion of an opticianry program is required. The responsibilities of this position include helping our patients find eyewear that best suits their lifestyle, personality and technical needs, submitting and receiving orders, dispensing, working with local frame representatives, managing inventory, and projecting growth within our optical. Our ideal team member must have excellent time management skills, effective communication skills, strong attention to detail, outstanding customer service, and a passion for working with patients hands-on.
Clinic hours are M-Th 8am-5pm and F 8am-4pm with NO WEEKENDS! We offer a competitive salary with health benefits, a bonus structure, long term growth and a great work environment! This is an opportunity to manage a progressive and forward-thinking optical. We want this person to grow with us as the practice grows!
You would be working with the rest of our eye care team to help cultivate a family atmosphere centered on high quality and attentive patient care. We aim to foster a professional yet comfortable atmosphere for our patients where everyone in the office truly has their best interest at heart. We will be expanding the practice in many areas including pediatrics and so our optician will need to be comfortable and excited to work with kids.
Let us know if you feel you would be a good addition to our team!
12/06/2019 Licensed Dispensing Optician at Vision Plus Snohomish
Looking to hire a Licensed Dispensing Optician. We are a busy Private practice, good organizational skills needed, great customer service and self motivated individual.
Interested applicants send resume to Vpsnohomish@gmail.com
11/26/2019 Professional full-time Licensed Dispensing Optician in Ballard
Professional full-time Licensed Dispensing Optician for very busy Optometric office in Ballard. This is a rare opportunity in our 30+ year practice. Ideal candidate will have strong customer service and clear communication skills, attention to detail and proficient in contact lenses. Ability to perform diagnostic testing on ophthalmic equipment including: Visual Fields, Optomap retinal photography, OCT, OPD, Lensometry and Tonometry, is a plus!
Job duties include but are not limited to:
*Assist patients and customers with frame selection and lens options to fit their visual needs.
*Dispense, adjust and repair glasses.
*Process glasses orders from start to finish. Inspect incoming jobs to meet ANSI standards and overall quality.
* Submit contacts lens orders daily thru electronic practice management software. Process orders and contact patients when ready for pick up.
*Maintain contact lens trial sets.
*Assist Optometrists with neutralizing glasses, trial frame and contact lens application & removal training.
*Optical Insurance billing, claims submission, & correcting claims.
*Address customer complaints, troubleshoot glasses problems and execute solutions in a timely fashion.
*Backup front desk when needed by checking patients in and out of clinic (including billing of patients, insurance, chart documentation). As well as, scheduling appointments/transcribing patient information in Electronic Scheduling System.
Hours: Monday (10:45am – 8pm)
Tuesday & Wednesday (7:50am – 6pm)
Thursday (10:45am – 8pm)
Friday (7:50am – 2:30pm)
Salary DOE. Medical insurance & Profit-sharing plan after trial period.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
11/26/2019 Market Optical is looking for a talented Licensed Dispensing Optician
Market Optical is looking for a talented Licensed Dispensing Optician to join our exceptional team! Most of our employees have been with the Company for many years and rarely does a Full-Time position become available. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team at the leading optical boutique in the Northwest. Market Optical is well known in the eyewear industry and helps our customers select from the finest handmade eyewear in the world.
This is a full-time position and is eligible for health benefits. In addition to hourly compensation, this position is paid commissions.
- Provide exceptional service while helping customers select the perfect eyewear for their style
- Dispense glasses to individuals who have already places orders
- Provide adjustments and repairs to guests visiting our store
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality
- Accurately and effectively complete the sales process for each guest using existing systems
- Help identify opportunities to better serve our guests and provide exceptional service
- Passion for fashion!
- Ability to regularly work 40 hours/week, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Exceptional guest service skills with the ability to listen and respond to customer requests
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task, and manage competing priorities
- Excellent team player and ability to work independently
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
- At least 18 years or older
- Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Handles stressful situations calmly
- Uncompromising integrity
- High school diploma or equivalent
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interesting in joining the high-performing team at Market Optical, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!
For additional information about Market Optical, please visit our website at www.marketoptical.com.
11/19/2019 Tumwater Eye Center, Inc - Optician
- Utilize effective selling techniques to help increase sales and reach daily selling goals
- Provide in-depth product knowledge
- Staying current on fashion trends and styling techniques
- Maintaining efficient patient flow with identifying patients current eyewear prescriptions, insuring they are cleaned and adjusted properly prior to each examination.
- Third-party Insurance pre-certifications and verification, and billing
- Accurate and complete verification of completed glasses based on parameters
- Professional dispensing with customized fitting and adjustments
- Follow up with patient to insure satisfaction with product
- Accurately document order, dispense, and follow up in EHR
- Caring & friendly demeanor; A flair for personal styling
- The ability to identify what looks good on an individual based on personal characteristics like face shape and skin tone as well as information gathered in the lifestyle questionnaire
- Detail orientation; Multi tasking and quick learner
- Professional, thoughtful, and willing to go above and beyond to exceed patient expectations
- Excellent phone and communication skills (written & oral)
- Proficient in social media
- Proficient in Electronic Health Records and Electronic Ordering
- Optical skills and/or certification preferred
As the optical department represents a significant portion of the practice’s income, the Optician is expected to possess a high degree of influential sales skills. The ability to effectively communicate the benefits of all optical products to patients and staff is required.
The Optician will create or assist in creating an excellent and ever evolving eyewear boutique experience though staff training, vendor relationship building, merchandising and displays.
Providing our patients exceptional service is a cornerstone of our brand. The Optician’s role in delivering on our brand is integral.
Communication in a manner that helps the patient understand technical and relational terminology in their layman language is essential. Strong relationship building skills with patients and staff members is also required.
The Optician must be able to demonstrate all essential functions of a dispensing optician: accurate measurement, job ordering, charge entry and eyewear dispensing and fitting. Attention to detail relative to prescriptions, validating the accuracy of eyewear received, etc. is imperative.
Pace of the Environment
The Optician must be able to work at a fast pace while focusing on the individual patient experience. Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the boutique is required. We also require periodic weekend travel for advanced training throughout the year; expenses paid.
Please email resumes to : Manager@tumwatereye.com