If you are looking for employment, have a position available or know of one, or have equipment to sell, please contact our office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: to post ads, we now require a contact name, phone number and business name. This is for our information only, and need not be posted in the ad unless you wish it. The ad itself should include a description of the position, a geographic location, and a contact number (phone, fax, or email)
All ads will be pulled after 60 days and will have to be re-submitted. Please contact us if the position is filled. All ads will deal with Licensed Dispensing Opticians or registered apprentices only. We are an association of Washington State licensed opticians, not optometric assistants or un-licensed “opticians”.
Job Posting Guidelines: Thank you for reaching out to the Opticians Association of Washington to place an ad for you. All ads have to specify Licensed Dispensing Opticians or Registered Apprentices Opticians only. We are an association of Washington State licensed opticians, not optometric assistants or un-licensed “opticians!” I am more than happy to place your ad if you would like to add a Licensed Dispensing or Registered Apprentice qualification.
9/15/2020 Costco Optical at Aurora Village is seeking a Licensed Dispensing Optician
Costco Optical at Aurora Village is seeking a highly energetic Licensed Dispensing Optician. Competitive salary,
exceptional benefits and paid time off. Come work for a company that treats their employees as well as they treat
their customers. Please apply online at Costco.com or contact Kellie Bowey at 206-542-1261.
9/8/2020 Century Eye Care is seeking an LDO or Apprentice Optician
Century Eye Care is looking for a fabulous Optician to join our team. Our ideal candidate would be someone who is outgoing friendly and personable, someone who wants to provide the best care to our patients and someone who is always willing to help our patients. Our office focuses on providing our patients with the best product to suit their lifestyle, so we would like someone who is familiar with current eyeglass technology and insurance coverage, however it is not required and we are of course willing to train the right candidate.
- Evaluate patient prescriptions in conjunction with their lifestyle
- Assist with the selection and sale of eyewear and prescription lenses
- Use your expertise to recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit patient needs
- Take necessary measurements to ensure correct ordering of eyewear
- Use Officemate practice management system to place orders for eyewear
- Clean and take inventory of the Optical Boutique
- Maintain lab invoices and routinely check order status, and notify the patient of any delay on their order
- Dispense eyewear pickups to patients and make adjustments to nose pads as well as heating and molding temples to ensure correct fit and comfort for the patient
- Perform minor eyeglass repairs
Our Ideal candidate will:
- Handle multi-tasking well
- Have a warm, energetic and confident personality
- Be comfortable and confident in a sales position
- Have the desire to provide excellent customer service to patients
- Have the desire to learn and motivation to help us grow
- A knowledge of eye care would be ideal but not required
Please submit resumes to:
4826 Tacoma Mall Blvd Suite A
Tacoma, WA 98409
9/3/2020 Experienced Licensed Dispensing Optician or a Registered Optician Apprentice - Tacoma WA
- Knowledge regarding new technology lens designs, materials, and coatings.
- Measure Seg heights
- Adjust and repair frames
- Help patients select frames
- Computer skills for billing and verifying insurance
- Ability to Multi-task
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
8/12/2020 LDO Optician needed - Navy Exchange Oak Harbor WA - This is a full time Optician position (Federal Employment) with benefits.
LDO Optician needed – Navy Exchange Oak Harbor WA – This is a full time Optician position (Federal Employment) with benefits.
Come work for the Navy Exchange…where you can have a service career with a purpose! We are a world-class retailer serving the best customers in the world: active duty, retired military and their families.
If you really enjoying working with others, like variety, are detail-oriented, and want to improve the health and well-being of our service members and their families, this could be the job for you!!
No military affiliation is required.
Serves as a Licensed/Certified Dispensing Optician in the NEX Vision Center. Prepares and dispense ophthalmic eyewear as written by a licensed Optometrist or physician. May direct the activities of associates in the performance of similar duties.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: One year responsible experience in clerical, office or retail sales store work of any kind which the applicant has demonstrated the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position to be filled.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: 1 year of academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience, up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelor’s degree for 3 years of general experience. For each year of general experience, one year of course work that includes an average of six semester hours a year in ophthalmic dispensing.
AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: one year of responsible experience which provided a knowledge of optical dispensing duties such as reading prescription for lens specifications, recommending frames based on correct size, fit, facial structure, color of frames and lenses; performed minor repairs on frames. Possession of a license or certification as required by the local state authority
Please apply here
Benefits information can be viewed here.
8/6/2020 Target Optical in Lake Stevens is Looking for a Licensed Optician
Target Optical – Licensed Optician
Date: Jul 29, 2020
Brand: Target Optical
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, US, 98258
Requisition ID: 213541
Store #: 001986 Target Optical
At Target Optical, we help people see and look great – and have a blast doing it! We make caring for people’s vision fun.
We offer flexible work schedules and a competitive compensation package including benefits, and because we are part of eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, there is plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Love fashion? We’ve got you covered. Want a flexible work environment? Done. Want to be the boss of your day? We love your thinking.
There’s always more to see at Target Optical – more style, more fun, and more opportunities to find a career that fits your already-full life. Put your career in focus with us!
The Licensed Optician ensures the delivery of the Target Optical Way and the Guest Experience. The Licensed Optician lives out the Target Optical Way by embracing the Mindsets: People Focused, Collaborative, Accountable to Results, Think Differently and Simple, Fun and In Style.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers the daily sales goal by flawless execution of the Guest Experience behaviors.
- Ensures the delivery of a simple, fun and in-style fashion experience through the Playground Rules.
- Builds Brand awareness by daily attracting new Guests from the Host to Optical.
- Develops and maintains a professional business partnership with the Target Optical doctor and Target Host.
- Models the Target Optical Personal Style Dress Code.
- Creates an amazing Guest experience on every visit by accurately fitting and dispensing fashionable product to Guests.
- Follows all operating policies and procedures at the highest level to include training, timely and accurate implementation of approved marketing/ merchandising programs and promotions, the accurate completion of all sales transactions, and utilization of all sales strategies and resources.
- Ensures accuracy in all transactions/interactions with the Guest.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Licensed as required by state
- 1+ years experience in retail or customer service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Selling Skills
- Driver for Results
- Critical Thinking
- Accuracy in measurements
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.