If you are looking for employment, have a position available or know of one, or have equipment to sell, please contact our office at: firstname.lastname@example.org Note: to post ads, we now require a contact name, phone number and business name. This is for our information only, and need not be posted in the ad unless you wish it. The ad itself should include a description of the position, a geographic location, and a contact number (phone, fax, or email). All ads will be pulled after 60 days and will have to be re-submitted. Please contact us if the position is filled. All ads will deal with Licensed Dispensing Opticians or registered apprentices only. We are an association of Washington State licensed opticians, not optometric assistants or un-licensed “opticians”. Job Posting Guidelines Thank you for reaching out to the Opticians Association of Washington to place an ad for you. All ads have to specify Licensed Dispensing Opticians or Registered Apprentices Opticians only. We are an association of Washington State licensed opticians, not optometric assistants or un-licensed “opticians!” I am more than happy to place your ad if you would like to add a Licensed Dispensing or Registered Apprentice qualification.
1/28/2020 Sherman Optical in Edmonds, WA is in search of a talented member to join our optical team
Sherman Optical in Edmonds, WA is in search of a talented member to join our optical team. Our office is well known in the area for our customer service, product knowledge, repair work and in house lab.
Our ideal candidate should be an LDO or Apprentice Optician who is friendly, energetic and able to multi-task. Communication and reliability are a must. We are willing to train and apprentice the right candidate who is passionate about vision to help continue the legacy of our 80 year old family business.
Main duties include:
- Inspection of incoming orders
- Helping patients with frame and lens selection dependent on their needs/rx
- Frame repair work
- Edging lenses
- Insurance billing
Team member benefits include competitive hourly wage with quarterly bonuses, 401K with employer % match, health insurance coverage, paid vacation, paid holidays, LDO renewal fee covered, and one convention paid per year for continuing education purposes.
If you think you can add value and be part of a dynamic, professional, and knowledgeable team, please respond! We would love to talk with you.
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
1/24/2020 20/20 Family is looking for an LDO/Licensed Dispensing Optician
The 20/20 Family is looking for an LDO/Licensed Dispensing Optician to work in our Silverdale, Port Orchard, and Kingston offices! The ideal candidate would be friendly, have excellent customer service skills, detail oriented, and be sales driven. Someone who has a flexible schedule and is willing to travel to other offices on occasion for coverage is a necessity. We are looking for someone who is a team player and who is willing to jump in and help wherever necessary. At least one Saturday a month is required in either our Silverdale or Port Orchard offices.
*Responsibilities and Duties include:*
– Order processing and dispensing
– Doing adjustments and repairs
– Assisting patients with frame selects
– Understanding and explaining insurance benefits to patients
– Communicating with labs to ensure products are completed in a timely manner
– Teaching patients how to get contacts in and out of their eyes and instructing proper contact lens care
– Ordering contact lenses
– Meeting with frame reps
– Inventory control
– Answering phones
**Responsibilities are not limited to those listed above*
*Qualifications and Skills:*
– Excellent communication and organizations skills
– An acute attention to detail
– Optical experience
– Manual lensometer
*not required but preferred
– Familiar with computers and equipment a plus, but not a requirement
– Familiar with medical terminology is a plus, but not a requirement – Friendly personality
– Team player and works well with others
– Takes direction well
– Flexible schedule and able to work Mon – Sat
Silverdale/Port Orchard Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:00AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday (Silverdale): 8:00AM – 7:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM – 4:00PM *(*at least one Saturday a month is required)*
Kingston Office hours:
Tuesday – Thursday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
The ability to float to our nearby locations is preferred and may be required on occasion.
If you feel that you would be a positive addition to our practice, please submit a cover letter and resume for review to firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you do not meet the above qualifications, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
20/20 Eyecare Centers
Silverdale Eyecare Center
3647 NW Byron Suite 100
Silverdale, WA 98383
Fax (360) 692-6139
1/24/2020 Visions Northwest LDO Needed
Our long-time optician is retiring, and we are seeking a LDO or apprentice optician. Very flexible with schedule and looking for an optician to work 16-40 hours a week. Very nice optical with diverse high-quality frame lines. Great patient base and fun staff to work with. Visions Northwest is a 35 year old private downtown Seattle optometry clinic. Competitive salary and benefits depending upon experience and hours worked. For more information please send resume and questions to email@example.com.
1/24/2020 Pacific EyeCare of Port Townsend LDO Needed
Full time Optician with a minimum of three years’ experience. A commitment to customer service and able to work in fast paced team environment.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
1/20/2020 Walla Walla LDO Needed
Full-time Optician needed immediately at fast-paced, growing Optometric office in Walla Walla. Optician experience required. Dispensing License preferred but candidate with ability to obtain license will be considered. Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team environment mandatory. Applications will be treated in confidence.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
12/18/2019 Redmond Eye Clinic is looking for a Licensed Lead Optician
Are you looking for a more fulfilling position in a progressive and innovative environment? Our fast growing optometry clinic, led by a husband and wife team of doctors, is looking for a Licensed Lead Optician to help develop our vision of quality and outstanding service to our patients. Our ideal candidate is motivated and inspired to grow an independent, out-of-the-box style optical. They must be team-oriented, eager to learn, able to take direction, and excited to be a part of the patient care experience!
At Redmond Eye Clinic we care for the person behind the eyes. It is our mission to provide the highest quality of eye care possible in a friendly and caring atmosphere. We are an established eye care clinic under the ownership of a husband and wife team. We perform routine eye exams for glasses and contacts, pediatric exams, treatment for dry eye disease, specialty contact lens fitting, chronic eye disease management, advanced medical care including emergency care, and more!
Experience in the optical field or completion of an opticianry program is required. The responsibilities of this position include helping our patients find eyewear that best suits their lifestyle, personality and technical needs, submitting and receiving orders, dispensing, working with local frame representatives, managing inventory, and projecting growth within our optical. Our ideal team member must have excellent time management skills, effective communication skills, strong attention to detail, outstanding customer service, and a passion for working with patients hands-on.
Clinic hours are M-Th 8am-5pm and F 8am-4pm with NO WEEKENDS! We offer a competitive salary with health benefits, a bonus structure, long term growth and a great work environment! This is an opportunity to manage a progressive and forward-thinking optical. We want this person to grow with us as the practice grows!
You would be working with the rest of our eye care team to help cultivate a family atmosphere centered on high quality and attentive patient care. We aim to foster a professional yet comfortable atmosphere for our patients where everyone in the office truly has their best interest at heart. We will be expanding the practice in many areas including pediatrics and so our optician will need to be comfortable and excited to work with kids.
Let us know if you feel you would be a good addition to our team!
12/06/2019 Licensed Dispensing Optician at Vision Plus Snohomish
Looking to hire a Licensed Dispensing Optician. We are a busy Private practice, good organizational skills needed, great customer service and self motivated individual.
Interested applicants send resume to Vpsnohomish@gmail.com
11/26/2019 Professional full-time Licensed Dispensing Optician in Ballard
Professional full-time Licensed Dispensing Optician for very busy Optometric office in Ballard. This is a rare opportunity in our 30+ year practice. Ideal candidate will have strong customer service and clear communication skills, attention to detail and proficient in contact lenses. Ability to perform diagnostic testing on ophthalmic equipment including: Visual Fields, Optomap retinal photography, OCT, OPD, Lensometry and Tonometry, is a plus!
Job duties include but are not limited to:
*Assist patients and customers with frame selection and lens options to fit their visual needs.
*Dispense, adjust and repair glasses.
*Process glasses orders from start to finish. Inspect incoming jobs to meet ANSI standards and overall quality.
* Submit contacts lens orders daily thru electronic practice management software. Process orders and contact patients when ready for pick up.
*Maintain contact lens trial sets.
*Assist Optometrists with neutralizing glasses, trial frame and contact lens application & removal training.
*Optical Insurance billing, claims submission, & correcting claims.
*Address customer complaints, troubleshoot glasses problems and execute solutions in a timely fashion.
*Backup front desk when needed by checking patients in and out of clinic (including billing of patients, insurance, chart documentation). As well as, scheduling appointments/transcribing patient information in Electronic Scheduling System.
Hours: Monday (10:45am – 8pm)
Tuesday & Wednesday (7:50am – 6pm)
Thursday (10:45am – 8pm)
Friday (7:50am – 2:30pm)
Salary DOE. Medical insurance & Profit-sharing plan after trial period.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
11/26/2019 Market Optical is looking for a talented Licensed Dispensing Optician
Market Optical is looking for a talented Licensed Dispensing Optician to join our exceptional team! Most of our employees have been with the Company for many years and rarely does a Full-Time position become available. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team at the leading optical boutique in the Northwest. Market Optical is well known in the eyewear industry and helps our customers select from the finest handmade eyewear in the world.
This is a full-time position and is eligible for health benefits. In addition to hourly compensation, this position is paid commissions.
- Provide exceptional service while helping customers select the perfect eyewear for their style
- Dispense glasses to individuals who have already places orders
- Provide adjustments and repairs to guests visiting our store
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality
- Accurately and effectively complete the sales process for each guest using existing systems
- Help identify opportunities to better serve our guests and provide exceptional service
- Passion for fashion!
- Ability to regularly work 40 hours/week, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Exceptional guest service skills with the ability to listen and respond to customer requests
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task, and manage competing priorities
- Excellent team player and ability to work independently
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
- At least 18 years or older
- Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Handles stressful situations calmly
- Uncompromising integrity
- High school diploma or equivalent
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interesting in joining the high-performing team at Market Optical, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!
For additional information about Market Optical, please visit our website at www.marketoptical.com.
11/19/2019 Tumwater Eye Center, Inc - Optician
- Utilize effective selling techniques to help increase sales and reach daily selling goals
- Provide in-depth product knowledge
- Staying current on fashion trends and styling techniques
- Maintaining efficient patient flow with identifying patients current eyewear prescriptions, insuring they are cleaned and adjusted properly prior to each examination.
- Third-party Insurance pre-certifications and verification, and billing
- Accurate and complete verification of completed glasses based on parameters
- Professional dispensing with customized fitting and adjustments
- Follow up with patient to insure satisfaction with product
- Accurately document order, dispense, and follow up in EHR
- Caring & friendly demeanor; A flair for personal styling
- The ability to identify what looks good on an individual based on personal characteristics like face shape and skin tone as well as information gathered in the lifestyle questionnaire
- Detail orientation; Multi tasking and quick learner
- Professional, thoughtful, and willing to go above and beyond to exceed patient expectations
- Excellent phone and communication skills (written & oral)
- Proficient in social media
- Proficient in Electronic Health Records and Electronic Ordering
- Optical skills and/or certification preferred
As the optical department represents a significant portion of the practice’s income, the Optician is expected to possess a high degree of influential sales skills. The ability to effectively communicate the benefits of all optical products to patients and staff is required.
The Optician will create or assist in creating an excellent and ever evolving eyewear boutique experience though staff training, vendor relationship building, merchandising and displays.
Providing our patients exceptional service is a cornerstone of our brand. The Optician’s role in delivering on our brand is integral.
Communication in a manner that helps the patient understand technical and relational terminology in their layman language is essential. Strong relationship building skills with patients and staff members is also required.
The Optician must be able to demonstrate all essential functions of a dispensing optician: accurate measurement, job ordering, charge entry and eyewear dispensing and fitting. Attention to detail relative to prescriptions, validating the accuracy of eyewear received, etc. is imperative.
Pace of the Environment
The Optician must be able to work at a fast pace while focusing on the individual patient experience. Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the boutique is required. We also require periodic weekend travel for advanced training throughout the year; expenses paid.
Please email resumes to : Manager@tumwatereye.com